The good news is that the silly deadline I had set for Molly has long since past and I still get to keep her, the bad news is that I keep making more work and can’t even imagine the day we can take her out on the road. So I mean that’s pretty rad right?
I feel like I keep making things worse, so much worse. That silly side patch that I took off? Well I also took out the whole floor in the closet and under the cabinet and also part of the main cabin. Why not, she’s not going anywhere anyway and who doesn’t love having your feet planted firmly on the ground when you’re standing inside a trailer?
Thank Science for my bro, Captain Fix Everything, he swears he has a plan and although he has explained this plan to me I still don’t get it. That might be the most frustrating part of working on the trailer. I just can’t understand the “how” of fixing something. I look at that picture and I see a big effing hole on top of a big effing hole with a side of big effing hole and I can’t wrap my brain around what the first step to putting it back together. Like I said my brother is the best.
I made a little more tangible progress on the roof. I ripped out the current vent and have used probably a gallon of bondo filling screw holes. All of that means that I’m about ready to seal the shitty roof that I don’t want to keep but have to make last at least one more season.
If I could just stop making holes in the stupid trailer I think I would feel a little bit better. At least the weather is holding now and I’ve got two tablets filled with cartoons and games that say my kids love working on Molly.